CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) is a dental technology used to create Same-Day Low-Cost porcelain crowns. These crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a tooth to restore a tooth’s shape, size, and appearance. Earlier, the process of creating a crown took weeks. First, an impression of your mouth was made. Then a temporary crown was placed on a stub generated by the dentist. Another appointment, two weeks later as the client waited for the crown to be created. Today, CEREC technology has updated the technology involved in dental restoration. CEREC offers same day crowns using their technology. Here is everything that you need to know about CEREC technology.
The process of CEREC technology
When any patient needs a restoring crown, first a digital image of the tooth is created using a 3D scan. Next, the CEREC software creates a virtual model of the mouth. After that, using CAD (computer-aided design) and CAM (computer-aided manufacturing), a custom fitted porcelain crown is produced. These are the detailed steps of the process:
• An oral examination and digital x-rays help determine whether a crown is necessary. If it is required, then the doctor prepares your tooth.
• In the first step, the digital image of the tooth is taken using an intraoral camera.
• From the image, a virtual model of your tooth is created using the CEREC software. Then this model is used to construct the restored tooth on the screen. Then the tooth is built using a milling machine. At this point, the construction is finished.
• A high-grade ceramic and plaque resistant material is used for the crown.
• After the restoration process finishes, the crown is placed on the tooth with a little to no bite adjustment.
Thus, the entire process is completed in a single day within 90 minutes. It is a simple, quick and cost-effective process. Once the digital image of the tooth is taken, Dr. Bao examines it from every angle. The color is also analyzed to match the natural color of your teeth. All the rot present in the current tooth is removed, and then it is shaped for making it ready for the prepared crown. The teeth created by CEREC technology is durable, and the contour is perfect, so there is no possibility of chipping.
Advantages of CEREC Dental technology
CEREC technology provides numerous benefits. First, your dentist no longer needs to use those messy impressions or have multiple trips to the dentist office. Following are the other benefits of this technology:
• Less time: After CEREC technology is used for the restoration process, patients can have their new teeth within 90 minutes. Earlier, they had to make multiple visits before they can have the final restoration.
• Cost effective: Dr. Bao creates your crown in-house and cements it in a single appointment. Patients don’t have to waste money on multiple appointments. Besides that, the external lab is not involved. The entire process becomes less expensive. Most clients say that we are saving them 25% on crowns.
• No discomfort: Wearing temporary crowns is often uncomfortable. These crowns have a tendency to break or become loose which adds to the pain. Unlike traditional metal crowns, the porcelain crowns are prepared during the visit, keeping in mind the natural tooth color, so it is hardly noticeable to others.
• Durability: Dentists try to preserve the natural appearance of the tooth while preparing the crown. This is possible only when CEREC technology is used. The porcelain used for manufacturing crowns makes it very durable. It is expected that they last for 10-20 years or even longer.
The advantages of CEREC technology makes your choice of Dr. Bao a no-brainer. Dr. Bao is your opportunity to save money, save time, and reduce pain. If your tooth has broken or cracked or has lost a filling, then call Dr. Bao for a same day appointment to get a new CEREC crown.